A jazz ensemble meets a singer-songwriter, creating a new jazz style outfit of song arrangements, the Non Standard project from the Yellow Submarine music venue in Jerusalem with singer Shlomi Shaban. Established over a decade ago the Non Standard project has a long and varied experience in jazz matchmaking, collaborating with a great many artists such as Alon Olearchick, Rickie Lee Jones, Maor Cohen, Amal Murkus, Yonatan Razel, Sheila Jordan, Efrat Gosh, Yoni Rechter, Avishai Cohen, Ravid Kahalani, Tamar Eisenman, Mika Karni, Chuck Israels, Shlomo Gronich, and more.
At the heart of this creative dialogue is the link between the artist whose songs receive a full jazz service, and the arranger who breaks down and recomposes the musical package. Shlomi Shaban (41), a classical pianist, has developed an original distinct style, becoming a popular singer and songwriter. Shaban owns the ability to create buoyant virtuoso harmony between classical music, rock and pop, as demonstrated in his four solo albums. His characteristic straightforward sense of humor frequently moves on a fine line between black tie concert halls and sweaty smoky rock-n-roll stages. Leading arranger, Tomer Bar (23), a pianist and composer, has already released five albums and has accumulated extensive experience contributing his arrangements to ten different Non Standard projects. This ensemble, tailor made to fit Shaban, includes a quality jazz quartet and three vocalists, two female and one male. This elegant orchestration complements Shaban's stage charisma, further exposed rather than remaining in his usual seat by the piano. He assumes the role of a leading actor presenting many of his songs standing center stage.
"My work is mainly based on adaptation through abstraction," says Bar, "I seek to further explore realms of a song through a composite and creative interpretation. Interaction with the ensemble is always a little challenging for the guest artists, a new experience and an opportunity to perform their songs in a surprising context." Surprises, classical music, pop, jazz and rock – Shlomi Shaban with the six members of this Non Standard project create an evening of contrast and ingenuity, and by all means, non-standard.
Shlomi Shaban Vocals
Tomer Bar Piano
Yorai Oron Bass
Nitzan Bar Guitar
Sharon Petrover Drums
Naomi Aharoni Gal, Sherri Zak Levy, Shalev Edry Vocals
- All festival venues offer seating chart booking by seat and row numbers.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating available for booking at the call center.
- Resident Discount for the Eilat municipality and the Central Arava regional council available only upon presentation of a valid resident ID at the ticket pick-up box-office and at admittance to the venue.
- The festival box-office in Eilat is located at the Isrotel Theater at the Royal Garden Hotel during the festival.
- The 2018 winter RSJF venues are the Isrotel Theater at the Royal Garden Hotel and Canaan Hall at the Queen of Sheba Hotel, located on Antibes Street, Eilat.
- In accordance with hotel security policy, no weapons are allowed in the festival venues.
- Please be attentive to the instructions of the Royal Garden / Queen of Sheba hotel stewards and security guards.
- Entrance with food and drink according to the policy of venue host hotel.
- To avoid the queue, please print out your tickets in advance.
- Entrance to the venue will be approximately 15 minutes prior to scheduled performance time.
- Once the show has started, late arrivals will be required to wait for a suitable time during performance to be admitted into the venue.
- The 2018 winter RSJF production reserves the right to implement all modifications and improvements as deemed necessary. Please stay tuned for update mailings from the RSJF production and Eventim booking and visit our website https://en.redseajazz.co.il/